Friday, April 4, 2014

Round 2 Recovery & Randy's Visit

Oct. 2. Happy Day!   Elder R had improved enough that we once again moved him from Castle Hospital back up to Kauhku Medical Center.  I was so thankful Robyn & Ranay were there to drive & help him get settled in the exact room where he was when he recovered from the brain surgery.
 
  Pic.   The grandkids had sent pics to decorate the walls of his room. He was settled in for another 16 days of PICC line antibiotics & physical therapy. Our goal was to have him improve enough that we could fly home Oct. 18
Robyn & Ranay left that evening to return home to their families. They had packed suitcases, cleaned & helped in many ways to express loved to both of us.
Pic. Robyn bought matching rings for all of us & made a fun friend @ PCC.
Aloha to 2 wonderful daughters.


Oct. 5. Randy, Stacey & family arrived.  We once again were so thankful for loving support from family.  

They enjoyed a fun week hiking Punch Bowl, Weimea Falls, playing @ the beach & eating fav. Hawaiian food. Eugene & Candace cooked stir fry food, bought us Ted's Bakery cake & took us snorkeling. 


Oct 11. Farewell party
Eugene & Candace gave me a farewell party @ the Physical Facilities Building. I will miss many friends I met while serving @ Give & Take. It was fun to have Randy & Family support me.  Just wish my companion could have been there also.

Oct. 14 - Rusty arrived to help us prepare to go home.   Swensons brought him from the airport. He was another welcomed blessing. He motivated Gary to progress with his physical therapy.
We were able to go to the swap meet, eat at our favorite Kahuku Grill & visit north shore.   Pics

Gary's PICC Line was removed Oct. 17.  He will miss these sweet nurses, and his wonderful friend Eluu who gave him numerous blessings.  Pic.

Elder Pollock drove us to the airport early the next a.m. It was a very happy day for Elder Reynolds. I had mixed emotions. I knew I would really miss Hawaii & our mission service. What an eventful 13 months.   Pic. Wheelchair.

No comments:

Post a Comment